[TriLUG] MS Web Host drops connecions from Linux clients

Christopher L Merrill chris at webperformance.com
Tue Nov 3 11:26:43 EST 2009

Bill Farrow wrote:
> The page loaded fine on my system. The page load is slow, but that
> will be the amount of data that it is loading.
 >
> My system is Debian 5.0 (Lenny) with Firefox 3.0.6
>
> Firebug reports the initial page load time and size:
>   51 requests  329 KB (0 B from cache)  1.33mins

1.33 minutes?!?  You have an unusual definition of "loaded fine"  :>

368,701 bytes in 3.1 seconds on FF/WinXP on TWC/RR connection.

I got the initial page content on my Treo/Verizon in 8 seconds
and the full page load in 25 seconds.

BTW, I tried this on a Linux box here and was able to duplicate the
poor performance - so it is not specific to the client/machine
configuration.  It is their site.

chris at webperformance.com                |  http://webperformance.com
919-433-1762                            |  919-845-7601

Website Load Testing software & services