[TriLUG] MS Web Host drops connecions from Linux clients

Bill Farrow bill at arrowsreach.com
Tue Nov 3 12:44:41 EST 2009

On Tue, Nov 3, 2009 at 12:26 PM, Christopher L Merrill
<chris at webperformance.com> wrote:
> Bill Farrow wrote:
>>
> 1.33 minutes?!?  You have an unusual definition of "loaded fine"  :>
>
> 368,701 bytes in 3.1 seconds on FF/WinXP on TWC/RR connection.

Well the page did load, even if it was terribly slow.  The pages loads
speed up once it has cached the all of the javascript files.  Try
clearing your browsers cache and try loading it again.

So I have now run this on a Windows Vista machine with Firefox 3.5.4
which is much faster.
  45 requests  219KB  5.55 secs