[TriLUG] mysql root pw with non-interactive lamp server install?

Tom Barron tbarron at dyncloud.net
Tue Nov 3 21:48:11 EST 2009

On Tue, 2009-11-03 at 04:58 -0500, Cristóbal Palmer wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 2, 2009 at 9:54 PM, Tom Barron <tpb at dyncloud.net> wrote:
> > If anyone knows what  password was originally getting set by the
> > noninteractive tasksel installation, I'd still be interested in
> > finding out.  I looked at some of the preseed info for the dpkg stuff
> > that's getting invoked by tasksel, but I don't see anything relevant.
>
> Find anything for "debian-sys-maint" in there? IIRC it doesn't use
> 'root' for the mysql root username.

Thanks for the tip.  I'm not finding that and substituting
'debian-sys-maint' for 'root' in 'mysql -u ...' and using various
attempts at a blank pw doesn't work either.

I don't understand the whole debian tasksel/dpkg automation ('d-i')
alternative to kickstart very well and it is quite possible that I just
don't know where to look.

- Tom
--
  Tom Barron