[TriLUG] OT: Help in finding companies hiring new Comp Sci Grads

Jim Ray jim at neuse.net
Wed Nov 4 06:51:21 EST 2009

When I got my first real engineering job, I had made the mistake of
sending out bunches of resumes.

Then, I figured out what I wanted to do, who does what I wanted to do
and made a short list of the companies that are the best at what I
wanted to do. Then, I made calls to find out who I needed to meet. It
boiled down to offers from 2 companies after working the 20 prospects
hard.

My feeling as both a former employee and now a employer is that
companies do not want people looking for jobs. Companies want people
that want to do what they do.

Hth,

Jim