[TriLUG] MS Web Host drops connecions from Linux clients

Brian Phelps brphelps at ieee.org
Wed Nov 4 07:50:47 EST 2009

On Wed, Nov 4, 2009 at 6:48 AM, Kevin Hunter <hunteke at earlham.edu> wrote:

> <grin />
>
> I'm so reminded of an XKCD comic right now: http://xkcd.com/386/
>
> Kevin
>
> I'm so impressed with your double entendre Kevin!  While that meme does
apply here, their response on this issue determines whether I spend my next
$40,000 with them.  There are other vendors out there who make the same
stuff and if they can't fix a simple problem with their web server, I might
assume they don't have what it takes to make reliable equipment either and
go with another more competent vendor.

I need your help Kevin and others on this list to help him realize he has a
problem and fix it so I and others at my company can use their website to
download manuals and updates.  In this case Abdel being "wrong on the
internet" (note Kevin's clever double entendre here) has actually cost my
company time and money.  And on top of that I have time and frustration just
convincing Abdel that he has a glitch with his server.