[TriLUG] Web-based note taking application - similar to KeepNote

Christopher L Merrill chris at webperformance.com
Wed Nov 4 09:12:32 EST 2009

I've only been halfway following this since I didn't have anything to offer
based on the original criteria.  Is it necessary for the notes to be in
separate files?  Would something like a wiki work?

I've started using TiddlyWiki for organizing most of my misc notes.  They
describe it as a "reusable non-linear personal web notebook".  I'd call
it a self-contained wiki.  I'm quite impressed with it - taking notes is
easy and searching/tagging them is a snap. Since I first looked at it many
years ago they've added a plug-in architecture for adding new features and
automatic backups.  It all runs in the browser - no server required.

http://tiddlywiki.com/

Chris

Ron Kelley wrote:
> Thanks to all who responded.  After thinking about this for a while, it
> appears I need something slightly different than I originally wrote.
>
> Currently, I have all my notes, docs, etc already categorized under my
> "export" folder on my Mac.  What I *really* need is a way to quickly
> create a hierarchical representation of the files/folders in html
> format.  Essentially just a script that can index the data and build an
> "explorer-like" view of the website.
>
> As for editing/adding the content, I can use Kompozer (or other tool) to
> add new content on the fly or simply drag/drop data into the existing
> folder structure.
>
> Does anyone know of such a cgi/perl script that will index a folder and
> build a tree-like view?  I know you can simply point your browser to the
> directory and navigate that way, but I want something a little cleaner.

chris at webperformance.com                |  http://webperformance.com
919-433-1762                            |  919-845-7601

Website Load Testing software & services