[TriLUG] tcpwrappers rules from a database server?

Brian Henning Brian.Henning at datadirect.com
Wed Nov 11 09:56:46 EST 2009

Hi Gang,

I did some cursory reading on tcp wrappers and didn't see an answer,
so...

Is there a way to get tcp wrappers to get its ACLs from a database (i.e.
mysql) instead of the /etc/hosts.[allow|deny] files?

In the past I've built a web page to allow a remote user to authenticate
and thereby automatically open SSH to the remote user's IP address, and
did it by writing a small app that would rewrite the hosts.allow file
based on the content of a mysql table...and was wondering if there's a
more direct approach.

Thanks,
~Brian

Brian A. Henning
SupportLink Engineer
PROGRESS | DATADIRECT SUPPORTLINK
"Serious about your success with our products"
Phone : (+1) 888-332-6797
E-mail: brian.henning at datadirect.com
Web   : www.datadirect.com/support

Contact SupportLink:
http://knowledgebase.datadirect.com/kbcontact

Find answers in our knowledgebase:
http://knowledgebase.datadirect.com

Download patches and manage support cases online:
http://www.datadirect.com/support/troubleshooting/reportacase/index.ssp

My Manager: bruce.rudd at datadirect.com (+1) 919-461-4276