[TriLUG] Cable modem + firewall + router

Lee Fickenscher elfick at gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 08:41:59 EST 2009

How can NAT can be too slow for an app running over a cable connection. NAT
isn't going to be any slower than your firewall.
Regardless the easiest thing to do would be to utilize or add a second NIC
to one of your linux boxes, make that your firewall, connect a the second
NIC to a switch and connect all the other servers to the switch.