[TriLUG] pxe thin client

Clay Stuckey claystuckey at gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 13:26:39 EST 2009

I have a set of standard PCs without hard drives. I can boot from CD,
DVD or PXE. The ultimate goal is to RDP to a windows machine. The main
requirement is that the first thing a use sees is a login prompt that
hits windows AD.

My plan was to PXE boot to a linux thin client machine that uses
Vintella to handle the windows AD credentials. from there, the user
could either work in a linux desktop or use tsclient to RDP to a windows
desktop.

This is going to be in a secure environment so I do not want a user to
be able to circumvent any login prompts to gain access to a local
environment like a live CD. I have to force the login prompt.