[TriLUG] Seeking Software Engineer & Mobile Developer

TransLoc Inc. work at transloc.com
Mon Nov 23 09:50:24 EST 2009

== Positions ==

= Software Engineer =

We need a skilled developer to build core server-side vehicle tracking
and monitoring components. This work relies heavily on designing and
implementing key algorithms to determine when buses arrive and depart
from stops. This includes estimating future arrival and departure
times based on current and historical data. Enthusiasm for algorithms
and a strong mathematical background are a must. You will also focus
on tying these and other server-side components together, including
doing core work on an open API.

Required skills include

  * Python 2.4+
  * Experience developing and implementing efficient algorithms
  * Linux familiarity, particularly Debian

Pluses include

  * C/C++
  * Solid technical writing skills
  * Shell Scripting experience

If this sounds like you we'd love to hear from you. Please send your
resume and a brief description of related projects you recently worked
on to work at transloc.com.

= Mobile Developer =

We need a top developer to take charge of our mobile web applications,
and to branch out to leading platforms, including the iPhone and
Android.

At TransLoc, you will design, implement, and maintain all our mobile
solutions. This entails developing our mobile web applications (client
and server side), building apps for specific platforms, and inventing
other ways to access our system on-the-go. You will be responsible for
developing our mobile offerings, from concept to delivery.

Required skills include

  * PHP
  * Standards-compliant HTML & Javascript
  * Experience with mobile web development
  * Working knowledge of content delivery best practices for mobile platforms

Ideal applicants will also have experience with

  * An eye for good visual design
  * Location-based services
  * iPhone and/or Android development
  * MySQL (for content retrieval)
  * Python, including Django and Twisted (on the server side)
  * Linux familiarity, particularly Debian

If this sounds like you we'd love to hear from you. Please send your
resume and a brief description of related projects you recently worked
on to work at transloc.com.

== About TransLoc ==

At TransLoc (www.transloc.com) we have set the stage for best-in class
web access to real-time transit information, helping thousands of
riders in their daily commute. For the past several years transit
riders have come to depend on our system for a safe, comfortable and
convenient wait for the bus. We've quickly become a leader in the
field but we know our impact on riders can be even greater.

We are growing rapidly and we're looking for the best talent to
enhance our current service and to pursue new projects. Working with
us can offer you an uncommon opportunity to

  * build next-gen internet apps
  * play with real-time data from hundreds of moving vehicles
  * make stuff that impacts riders every single day
  * lead projects

Everyone here has genuine enthusiasm for public transit and its role
in shaping the future, and we encourage the same in all applicants. At
TransLoc we foster independent thinking and creativity, so we value
strong time management and an openness for active collaboration in our
startup environment.

We're located in downtown Raleigh, on Moore Square. All applicants
must be willing to work from our office.