[TriLUG] Disk subsystem recommendations

btncix btncix btncix at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 22:02:17 EST 2009

I don't know much about VMWare nor much about virtualization, but if your
main concern is performance, I would suggest you keep RAID-0 and create
separate partitions. If you're worried about flexibility with hard drive
partitions, look into LVM for your root partitions and logical partitions
for your boot partitions. Of course, this more difficult to setup than what
you were thinking about, but it let's you keep RAID-0 and still create your
VMs with direct physical access to hard drive.