[TriLUG] OT: Free Large HP-UX Server, Tape Drive, HD Enlcosure

Scott Chilcote scottchilcote at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 24 23:14:58 EST 2009

Hi Folks,

I have no preconceived notions about the value of this equipment, but I
thought I'd offer it up here before it heads to the dump.

1. HP9000/800 K-Class server system, two CPUs, Four HDs, CD-ROM & DAT
Drive.  Includes HP Visualize color graphics card (1280x1024), Network
Adapter, and two additional ethernet ports.  It's big, think "dorm
fridge".
Picture: http://www.itparade.com/product_library/hp_servers/kclass.shtml

2. DEC TZ-88 DLT-IV tape drive w/hardware compression.  I have some
tapes and a cleaning cartridge to include.  Includes enclosure.

3. HP external hard drive enclosure for HP-9000 server.  Holds four
"full-height" or eight 1/2 height SCSI drives.  Includes power supply,
has two FH drives installed.

Send email by this weekend if interested.  Otherwise, it's to the dump
to the dump to the dump dump dump...

     Scott C.