[TriLUG] Time Warner price increase

Randy Barlow randy at electronsweatshop.com
Thu Dec 3 16:05:32 EST 2009

David J. Stillman wrote:
> According to the Earthlink person, I will get a call in the next couple of days from the installer, who apparently is just saying "Your Earthlink service is activated", and then I am to call TWC for a disconnect. Hopefully the process will be seamless as promised by the Earthlink person.

In my experience, the transition is nothing but painful. I never got the
call that they promised you (the promised it to me too). When I called
Earthlink about it, they told me I needed to call TWC. Can you guess
what happened when I did that? They acted almost like they've never
heard of Earthlink, and said I should call them. I basically played the
phone bouncing game for a few weeks before I got them to actually switch
me to Earthlink. Of course, it didn't help that I was also moving at the
time. It seems that there is little to no communication between
Earthlink and TWC though, so hopefully your experience will be better
than mine. Ever since I've been using it, it's been fine. It was just a
real pain to get set up.