[TriLUG] Data Recovery

Jim Cook james_cook at mindspring.com
Fri Dec 11 20:25:16 EST 2009

I actually had a good experience with Warp Computers on Capital Blvd.  They weren't quick - claimed that a lot of work had come in.  I thought the disk was dead but they managed to get everything off it and onto a new one.  It ended up that I only paid for the new disk (and the install of course) and as far as I could tell, everything was there.  The machine, however, could see the disk when I took it in.  The SMART test <?> however failed and nothing I could do would get the machine up.
-Jim