[TriLUG] distro for macbook pro?

Kevin Hunter hunteke at earlham.edu
Mon Dec 14 16:51:47 EST 2009

At 4:09pm -0500 Mon, 14 Dec 2009, Michael Kimsal wrote:
> Or give virtualbox a spin before you shell out for vmware fusion :)

Yeah, definitely a thumbs up for the easy integration and quality of
VirtualBox.  It has my vote.

In a plug for virtualization either way, I find it much easier to
administrate a host and guest (virtual) machine setup than a dual-boot.
 Multi-tasking my time is inherent, and, with hardware support for
virtualization, I don't personally have any reason to dual boot.

Not really Mac related, but as a plug for VirtualBox's ease of use: I
just converted my advisor to Linux, with the hook that he has easy
Windows access through it.  All it took was a USB key Live session with
him at the driver seat to prove that all his hardware worked (tablet
PC), and that VirtualBox was a breeze.

Kevin