[TriLUG] portable music player?

Brian Cottingham spiffytech at gmail.com
Fri Dec 18 07:44:40 EST 2009

Sandisk's Sansa players now offer good OGG/FLAC support. I purchased the
Sansa Clip+ a few months ago and have been pretty happy with it. A couple of
very minor glitches occasionally occur (e.g., once in a great while it'll
just turn off in the car), but it's simple to operate and generally works
well. No Windows software required- just mount the device as a removable
filesystem and drag-and-drop into the MUSIC folder. The device will read the
ID3 tags and let you navigate your collection in the normal manner. Bonus
points for it remembering where you left off in podcasts.

-Brian