[TriLUG] TriJUG monthly meeting reminder for Monday Dec 21 (back in Nortel bldg "NC0")

Pete Soper Pete at Soper.US
Fri Dec 18 14:35:49 EST 2009

*Actung. This is not a drill:
    TriJUG meetings are moving again (and again)

    Nortel is remodeling and the meeting place we've used near the
Yellow Wall (in the "Gateway" bldg) is turning into a lab. We'll never
see that again.
    Instead for this Monday, just as in November, we'll meet at the
"NC0" building across 54 from Gateway (NC0 easiest access is from Davis
Drive).
   But NC0 is going away too, so we've got to move away from Nortel
permanently.  It's time to build on past queries and find a new home for
TriJUG. If you're part of an organization that can provide space and
chairs for 60-80 people please send details to the TriJUG board
(board at trijug.org). If you have contacts at such an organization, please
introduce us so Lee Haslup and/or I can meet with prospective hosts. A
white wall suitable for projection would do in lieu of a screen (we can
supply a projector).  The host organization would be featured
prominently on the TriJUG web site and there are other perqs.
  Now back to your regular channel:

*Triangle Java User's Group presents:

  Birds of a Feather Meeting

  with TriJUGers and any other interested parties

December 21, 2009
6:30 PM - 9:00 PM

Meeting at Nortel Networks

  Building "NC0", not the usual "Yellow Wall/Gateway" see details below
for location.

Presentation summary:

 Whatever we're interested in discussing.

About the Speakers:

  Past BOF attendees have included folks with broad and deep technical
backgrounds and discussion has never seemed boring.

Agenda:

6:00 - 6:30    Setup, TriJUG board discussion (open to all)
6:30 - 7:00    Meet, Talk, Pizza & soft drinks
7:00 - 7:15    Announcements, "share a job"
7:30 - 8:45 -- BOF discussion (end time up to us)
9:00             Doors close

Admission:

BOF sessions are free

DIRECTIONS to Nortel Networks:

  This PDF is ideal for "visual brains":

   Click Here for Concise Google Map directions.
<http://trijug.org/downloads/2009-11-Directions.pdf>

*From Raleigh:*
Proceed West on I40 to Davis Drive (Exit 280) Take exit for Davis Drive.
At the top of the ramp turn left (south) on Davis Drive. Proceed to the
light at Davis and 54 (approx 1/4 mile). Proceed *straight* through this
light and then turn left into Nortel entrace (approx another 1/3 mile).
The main parking lot is then the 2nd right and goes up hill. Proceed to
the side of the lot near the central walkway into the bldg (see
satellite picture in concise directions above). Take walk way up hill
into bldg. (Know your car's license plate number -- guard may ask.)
Check your name off the guard's list or add your name to the bottom. The
meeting room is upstairs directly above the guard station.

*From Durham:*
Proceed East on I40 to Davis Drive (Exit 280) Take exit for Davis Drive.
At the top of the ramp turn left (south) on Davis Drive. Proceed to the
light at Davis and 54 (approx 1/4 mile). Proceed *straight* through this
light and then turn left into Nortel entrace (approx another 1/3 mile).
The main parking lot is then the 2nd right and goes up hill. Proceed to
the side of the lot near the central walkway into the bldg (see
satellite picture in concise directions above). Take walk way up hill
into bldg. (Know your car's license plate number -- guard may ask.)
Check your name off the guard's list or add your name to the bottom. The
meeting room is upstairs directly above the guard station.

*From Cary/Apex:*
Entering RTP on Davis proceed through the intersection with Hopson Rd
(SR 1978), then watch for the right turn entrance into the Nortel site
*before Hwy 54* (approx 6/10 mile past Hopson). If you reach Hwy 54 you
have gone too far. After the right into the Nortel entrance the main

The TriJUG web site is http://trijug.org <http://trijug.org/>