[TriLUG] Sound files editor: ogg files ID3 tags and wav metafiles

Scott G. Hall ScottGHall at BellSouth.Net
Sat Dec 19 05:54:49 EST 2009

Can anyone recommend an ID3 editor that works well from arguments on the
command line?  I would like to write a script to either extract ID3 info
and create wav metafiles, or read metafiles and insert ID3 info.  I am
also looking for doing the same with MP3 files.

The idea is I've created a lot of recordings for area churches, and would
like to add ID3 info on them, so that extracted sermons and performance
tracks will display correctly on MP3 players.  I have a DVD player that
presumably plays ogg files and should display their ID3 info.

It was easy to modify my Myth system to display metafile info on screen
when playing wav files.  The metafiles were updated with correct dates,
genres, copyright info and track number (the artists and "albums" are
taken from the directory structure).

Also comments and pointers for this project would be appreciated.  I don't
want to reinvent work others have already done.

--
Scott G. Hall
Raleigh, NC, USA