[TriLUG] Online Cloud Offsite Backup

Ron Kelley rkelleyrtp at gmail.com
Tue Dec 22 11:26:22 EST 2009

Please define "average".  Our links can burst up to 100Mbps - so link capacity is not an issue.  We currently pay about $75/256Kb but we can leverage other "unused" bandwidth and try to bring the price down a bit.

BTW - if anyone is interested, we can always get together during/after the holidays for a meet-n-greet and discuss this sort of stuff (maybe at the next TriLUG meeting?).  We have lots of spare hardware and can easily spin up a couple of ESX servers for those who just need VMs.  We also have some 8-bay fiber channel RAID chassis that can provide excellent off-site-storage for you guys (currently stocked with 8x1TB IBM enterprise-class drives in RAID5).  Just bring in your own server with FC cards or use one of servers.  BTW - this is an excellent way to leverage VMs and off-site backups.

Hope this does not sound too much like a salesman.  I am just trying to throw out some options for you guys...

-Ron