[TriLUG] Looking for a good VOIP provider [was: New TimeWarner speed increase]

Ronald Kelley rkelleyrtp at gmail.com
Wed Dec 30 10:36:10 EST 2009

Moving to a new thread...

> I have TW for my voice (currently trying to find a good alternative that's easy enough to maintain my non-technical .wife is able to handle maintenance on it).

| Viatalk. Five by five voice quality, good service, and a reasonably foolproof web interface -- decent features, too.

[rk] We have had Vonage for probably 5 years now.  In the beginning (first 6mos), we were plagued with problems, and I considered switching back to AT&T land-line. Now, things are rock-solid, we pay about $30/mo (less if you pay by the year), the web interface is clean and easy to navigate, and we get free international calling (family is in Germany).

I would highly recommend Vonage...