[TriLUG] [OT] Job Posting: RadarFind, Linux Systems Administrator
porter at trilug.org
Mon Jan 4 17:31:11 EST 2010
Please contact Kathryn Jones, kjones at radarfind.com for more info.
RadarFind Corporation, a high growth technology company based in
Raleigh-Durham,NC , offers a unique hardware and software solution
to the North American hospital market. Its patented Sensor Network
allows for wireless, real time location and status tracking of
mobile equipment, staff and patients.
RadarFind has an opportunity for a Linux Systems Administrator that
is responsible for responsible for:
* Personally and directly implementing, maintaining,
troubleshooting and repairing the customer server appliances
and associated networking topology
* Providing the liaison between the Implementation and Support
Services Department and customers’ information technology
* Supporting internal members of the Implementations and Support
* Supporting in-house development and test servers.
For each client installation, the Systems Administrator will develop
and maintain relationships with clients IT department, and will work
with clients to meet client requirements for server hardware for
installation and maintenance.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Develop and maintain relationships with client IT departments
* Specify hardware or VM equivalent for client requirements
* Negotiate network VLAN, IP pool, internet and intranet
connectivity, VPN access, SMTP services, LDAP interface, backup
* Build client installations, including Centos OS, MySQL or
related database structures, Apache, Tomcat, J2EE application,
* Maintain remote diagnostics reporting system, disaster recovery
backups, and VPN access control interfaces
* Perform upgrades, monitor server performance, and diagnose and
resolve technical problems with server OS and installed packages
* Perform periodic upgrades of RadarFind application, web server
* Track and maintain server hardware warrantees and software
licensing Implement, maintain and administer the following
technologies and or protocols:
- RHEL/Centos 5.x (Red Hat)
- VMWare vSphere, ESX and ESXi, building and supporting
- Dell and IBM rack mounted servers, spec, burn-in, configure
- Network Management tools like nagios, nmap, ping, tracert
- OSI Model (All layers)
- MySQL, or related, database administration and performance
- Web server setup including: Apache, Tomcat, Sun JDK,
- Network utilities such as: TFTP, DNS, DHCP, IPSEC, NFS
- SSH tunnel management and VPN support (IPSEC, IKE, SSL)
- Scripting using BASH and Perl
* Observe system log files for evidence of system related problems
and provide remedy
* Network monitoring and trouble resolution.
* Client deployment and code release process for staging &
production environments along with troubleshooting issues with
the development team
* Additional duties and responsibilities in relation to
implementing customer server appliances and offering support
services, which may include limited travel
* Additional responsibilities as assigned by management
Education and Experience:
* A BS degree in Computer Science or related major; or 3 years
professional experience in a systems administrator role; or a
combination of thereof
* 5 years experience in any infrastructure position working in a
* Valid driver’s license
Normal office conditions; may travel occasionally.
The above statements are intended to provide the general nature and
level of work being performed by most people assigned to this job.
They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties and requirements.
RadarFind employees shall adhere to all of RadarFind’s policies and
procedures including those relating to confidentiality and security
of our data assets. This includes limiting individual’s access to
only that protected information necessary to perform job duties as
required under HIPAA.
More information about the TriLUG