[TriLUG] Corrupted package install database

Carl Crider c.crider at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 08:31:10 EST 2010

Is your /home on a separate partition? If so, you can re-install from
scratch and keep that in place.

How about enabling the third-party repositories, updating (sudo apt-get
update) and attempting to
reinstall packages after that?

I've used those dpkg commands in the past to clear up similar issues, but
moved to a different
partitioning scheme in order to do fresh installs. If you find a fix, I'd
like to read about it.