[TriLUG] RTP Local cable-pulling company

Jim Ray jim at neuse.net
Thu Jan 7 22:54:05 EST 2010

We do managed services and may pull cables for our clients yet aren't
really looking for that work. I was trying to help you manage your
expectations. The production rate of 1.3 hr per wire holds true in
environments with drop in ceilings that are low enough where a lift is
not required. So, 30 drops * 4 wires per drop * 1.3 hr per wire yields
156 hours.

So, I'm calling BS on your 3 hour estimate and hate to see anyone get
ripped off or misled.

Now, the first wiring job in this area I did in 1994 moving a business
from Zebulon to Knightdale took 3 hours for 5 PCs. For 120 wires? Try
156 hours for size. Pretty basic industrial engineering time study.

Regards,

Jim Ray, President
Neuse River Networks tel: 919-838-1672 x111 cell: 919-606-1772

Web: http://www.neuserivernetworks.com Linkedin:
http://www.linkedin.com/in/neuse Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/neuseriver Twitter: http://twitter.com/neuse

Customer Service/Support: Call hotline at 919-838-1672 x117, send email
to support at neuserivernetworks.com or visit
http://www.neuserivernetworks.com/support