[TriLUG] http question thumbnail picture with magnifiying glass

Joseph Tate dragonstrider at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 17:29:58 EST 2010

The simplest method would be to load the full size image using
height/width tags or css styles to display it as a thumbnail, and then
use javascript on the onmouseover to display a z-order div with the
full size image or portion thereof.

More elaborate systems would load the full size image on demand using
asynchronous javascript to save bandwidth and speed up initial loading
time.

Flash would have additional mechanisms for doing this.

On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 5:22 PM, Ralph Blach <chipper19522 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> My sister want to build a web page with a magnifiying glass over a picture.
>
> When the glass is placed over picture and the a greatly magnified portion of
> the picture is
> displayed.
>
> How is this done.
>
> Thanks
>
> Chip

Joseph Tate
Personal e-mail: jtate AT dragonstrider DOT com
Web: http://www.dragonstrider.com