[TriLUG] using sshd tunnelling for dns request

Justis Peters jtrilug at indythinker.com
Wed Jan 27 19:19:14 EST 2010

Ralph Blach wrote:
> I dont think there is a policy
Chip,

If DNS is blocked at the firewall, then somebody thought there was a
valid reason to control and/or monitor DNS usage. This does not
necessarily mean that it *was* a valid reason, but somebody probably
thought it was valid. The potential valid reasons may include the safety
of our armed forces, so I recommend that your son investigate it.

DNS is an important and complex piece of security and privacy on the
Internet.

Kind regards,
Justis