[TriLUG] Sync Contact between Nexus One and Mac OS?

Aaron Schrab aaron at schrab.com
Sat Jan 30 10:22:24 EST 2010

I don't have an Android based phone, but I do have contact syncing
working decently between my OS X box and GMail.  I'm assuming that your
Nexus One would be able to sync contacts from the Google cloud.

Note, I haven't yet gotten around to upgrading from Leopard to Snow
Leopard.

I think that all that's needed to do the initial sync is to open Address
Book's preferences window, go to the General tab, check the Synchronize
with Google checkbox, and click the Google... button to enter your
account information.

The trickier part is getting it to resync later.  Normally it will only
do that syncing when iTunes is syncing contacts with an iPhone.  To sync
updates after I turned that off in favor of having my iPhone sync
contacts over the air with Google, I needed to use the Syncrospector
application that is part of the developer tools.  When the dev tools are
installed, it should be at Developer/Applications/Utilities/Syncrospector

To force it to sync just open Syncrospector, click on the Google
Contacts entry in the list, and click on the Sync button at the top of
the window.