[TriLUG] HP laptops and Linux?

John Mitchell john280z at gmail.com
Sun Jan 31 20:36:05 EST 2010

On Sun, Jan 31, 2010 at 7:39 PM, Kevin Hunter <hunteke at earlham.edu> wrote:

> Hi List,
>
> Do you have any experience to share in regards to laptops, HP, and Linux
> support?

   I have an HP Pavilion dv4-1220us that I use as my main boxen. I have run
Ubuntu 9.04 and 9.10 on it. I currently have Debian testing running. Works
great. There were sound issues with 9.04 but that was a  Linux issue at that
time.
   I have had to research and install my own WiFi driver several times, due
to the Broadcom 4322 chip being recognized wrong. (that's NOT HP's fault,
just the way the distros detect the chip).
   I haven't tried the HDMI under any of the Linux installs I did.

john mitchell