[TriLUG] apple mac books and ipp

Cristóbal Palmer cmp at cmpalmer.org
Tue Feb 2 15:28:30 EST 2010

On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 9:20 AM, Ralph Blach <chipperb at nc.rr.com> wrote:
> Cristóbal
>
> I have a fedora x86_64 machine, running the latest cups.

CUPS is how your machine knows how to talk to your printer that you
plugged in. If you're having to mess with CUPS, something is wrong.
Other machines on the network should probably get to CUPS (and hence
your printer) via Samba.

> I did a wire shark trace and saw the ipp broadcast going out to the network.
>
> Below is my cusd.conf

cusd.conf?

I think you should be starting here:

http://docs.fedoraproject.org/deployment-guide/f12/en-US/html/s1-samba-cups.html

If you get stuck, honestly I think you should try Ubuntu, since it
gives a very easy, pointy-clicky interface for setting up and sharing
a printer.

Cheers,
--
Cristóbal M. Palmer