[TriLUG] Modification of /etc/hosts

David Brain dbrain at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 08:05:43 EST 2010

Hi,

Just quickly looking at our rhel systems here it looks like the dhcp
client will set the hostname (it calls 'hostname' so it will set it
without modifying the /etc/hosts)  I can see that upsetting Java which
tends to be picky about hostnames for some things.  You could probably
dig around in various init scripts and discourage it from doing that.

David