[TriLUG] Proxy Proxy, who's got my Proxy?

Chander Ganesan chander.ganesan at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 17:14:49 EST 2010

I'm in need of a proxy solution that allows me to accept an inbound
connection on a single host (let's say port 80), then do a memecached
(or voldemort, similar thing, etc.) lookup of a back-end host the
connection should be proxied to, and then proxy the hosts's request to
the back-end.

Essentially (and I think this will work...but I'm always interested in
the nuances of TCP/IP that will cause it to fail miserably), I want to
have a single internet connected host that proxies to different back-end
hosts based on the remote host's IP address.

If there isn't one, I suspect it wouldn't be too difficult to throw
something together, but would prefer something that already exists (that
I don't need to mess with).

Seems like it would be a fairly common thing...

thanks!