[TriLUG] [OT-Job Posting] - Rally Software Development - Web application developer (Java/Spring/Groovy/Grails)
jeff-lists at ellises.us
Tue Feb 9 07:40:35 EST 2010
Rally is looking for a web application developer
(Java/Spring/Groovy/Grails). The job description is included below. To
apply, enter your information online at http://www.rallydev.com/careers/
10:20-002: Software Engineer - Java Web Applications Developer -
Department Software Engineering
We are looking for passionate developers interested in working across
emphaiss on a REST based platform) creating a revolutionary interface
that pushing the limits of current browser based technology.
Sick of working on boring projects with lousy architectures you have no
control over? Wish you had more say in what you work on and how? Rally
is hiring developers to work on our next generation of software
Here are the top 10 reasons developers choose to work at Rally:
1. Hackathon - Every 8 weeks, Rally developers get a free week to work
on whatever they want to help the business. This means that 12.5% of
your time is free for exploring new technologies and architectures.
Several Hackathon projects have been integrated into the product and
released, so you have a real opportunity to influence product direction.
2. Influence - You are encouraged and empowered to make things better.
The team owns all architectural and framework choices, so if something's
not working, you really can change! Don't just put up with it, fix it,
and you will have the support from your team and management to do so.
3. No ruts - You'll have the opportunity to work across the stack
which features should be developed.
4. Collaboration - Our teams work closely together in a Scrum style,
enabling us to learn from everyone's experience rather than getting
trapped in silos.
5. Pace - Sustainable. No weekends.
6. No dress code - Please wear something.
7. Career - Support for attending conferences, writing books, blogging
8. Beer - We have beer in the fridge.
9. Downtown Raleigh - Located in a trendy area of one of America's
fastest growing cities and recipient of numerous accolades likes #1
among America’s Smartest Cities, Best Place to Raise a Family, #10
High-Tech Centers in the U.S...you get the idea.
10. Awards - Winner of 4 Consecutive Jolt Awards. Finalist for "Best
Companies to Work for" 2007 & 2008. Winner of "Best Companies to Work
Ideal candidates will have experience in some of the following:
* Experience writing rich, browser based user interfaces
* Java (will consider object oriented programmers who would like to do
Java Web Application programming)
* Object-oriented design
* Object/Relational Mapping
* SQL and Relational database experience
* A history of successful delivery and career progression in software
* Prior experience building scalable solutions.
* The experience and skills to understand our entire scope of products
* A track record of collaboratively designing, developing and testing
database driven web applications.
* Mad Table Tennis Skills.
More information about the TriLUG