[TriLUG] MythTV box recommendations?

Charles Mangin option8 at option8.com
Mon Feb 8 11:57:01 EST 2010

after our flaky Time Warner DVR ate the Superbowl*, i now have spousal
approval to try and build a mythTV or other similar DVR.

i'm looking for hardware recommendations and caveats with working with
TWC for this. what do i need to get from them - a cablecard? what
about recording more than one show at a time, do i need two cards?
will i even be able to get TWC to give me these things without selling
my soul to them?

and, typically being a Mac guy, i'm not terribly familiar with what
i'll need for the box itself. any recommendations or kits for starting
point would be immensely helpful.

*we were playing it delayed, but the DVR barfed, and we lost the
second and third quarters.

Charles Mangin
Option8, LLC - Making Macs happy since 1999.
option8 at option8.com | http://www.option8consulting.com
mobile: 919.368.7167
skype: option8llc