[TriLUG] Google to trial 1Gb Internet in a few cities

Justis Peters jtrilug at indythinker.com
Wed Feb 10 15:53:39 EST 2010

While the current discussion is certainly welcome on this mailing list,
this seems like a great time to plug the brand new [nc-broadband]
mailing list. You can sign up here:

The list is for discussion of all topics around getting more broadband
access in North Carolina. There are also people there who care a lot
about municipal broadband and even citizen-led efforts via technologies
such as wireless mesh networking.

You may also be interested in the [nc-public-broadband] list, which
frequently includes announcements about issues surrounding publicly
funded broadband efforts and rural broadband:
  http://groups.google.com/group/nc-public-broadband

The [nc-public-broadband] list is for announcements only. We're hoping
that the [nc-broadband] list will spark discussion and perhaps even
citizen-led efforts. We look forward to seeing you there :)

Kind regards,
Justis Peters