[TriLUG] Why is 1.1.1.1 on my network?

matt at noway2.thruhere.net matt at noway2.thruhere.net
Wed Mar 3 13:10:10 EST 2010

If I remember the article I saw on this subject correctly, a big problem
with this address range is that it was unallocated, but heavilly polluted.
 A lot of sites out there are using addresses in the 1.x.x.x and 2.x.x.x
range.  One thing you may find is that there is a conflict with multiple
sites claming them and depending on where your tools look, you can get
different and ambiguous results.