[TriLUG] Failing at Ubuntu Wireless Adapter Crap Shoot

matt at noway2.thruhere.net matt at noway2.thruhere.net
Thu Mar 4 09:06:24 EST 2010

Nah, you aren't doing anything wrong.  Wireless networking seems to be the
bane of Linux.

A couple of options I can think of:

1 - can you get a compatible card from a place like Newegg?  If one is in
stock, you could have it in as little as a day if your willing to pay.

2 - search the forums, such as ubuntuforums.org and linuxquestions.org and
see if anyone has had any success with a newer model or can suggest an OSS
driver or procedure.

3 - can you (obtain and) connect the ubuntu PC to a wireless router via
cat-5 cable and use it as a wireless bridge to the rest of your network by
way of the two wireless routers?  Caution, subnetting may be required.