[TriLUG] Best 2TB drive for RAID-6 array

Jimmy Dorff jdorff at phy.duke.edu
Wed Mar 17 15:09:03 EDT 2010

I don't know if they are the *best*, but we have 64 WD2002FYPS 2TB RE4
drives in production across a few different arrays. There are some
issues with 3ware RAID controllers that have caused annoyance and I
think there is a firmware update for that.

Really good performance with these drives in a ZFS pool using software
"raidz".

I don't have first hand experience, but one of our vendors really likes
the Hitachi Ultrastar 2TB drives.

-Jimmy