[TriLUG] Android Phone vs iPhone vs other smartphones

David McDowell turnpike420 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 18 11:03:23 EDT 2010

Are you finding Touchdown to be stable?  I found and installed the trial of
it yesterday and so far so good.  I hate that it looks like I'll have to
spend $20 for it for something Android 2.x should be doing by default with
Exchange accounts (using the Exchange Global Access List, GAL).

So far the voice dialing speech recognition I'm finding stinks.  I can not
get it to recognize the name Jennifer even after making her the ONLY contact
remaining on the phone.  The voice recogition for google nav is pretty good,
except when you are driving and road noise prevents the phone from
understanding anything.  I haven't had any trouble with the regular browser
yet...

David McDowell