[TriLUG] cheap offsite backup

Jim jjtuttle at trilug.org
Sun Mar 28 21:37:36 EDT 2010

On 03/28/2010 04:51 PM, Cristóbal Palmer wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 28, 2010 at 7:37 AM, Scott Schulz <swschulz at astrum.net> wrote:
>
>> Another similar option is the newish Rackspace Cloud Storage.
>>
> Rackspace might be a great option if I weren't backing up
> rackspace-hosted stuff. :) Lots of Copies Keep Stuff Safe.
>
> So I've got at least one vote for tarsnap and yet another vote for
> jungledisk. Thanks guys.
>
> Cheers,

Funny you should say that.  I was thinking of setting up a Private
LOCKKS network with my family for movies, photos, and the like.
http://www.metaarchive.org/metawiki/index.php?title=MetaWiki_Home  I
imagine you're familiar with LOCKKS, Cristóbal.  Have you ever thought
of putting it to personal use?

This isn't appropriate for system backups, but I think it's applicable
to personal (but not private) content.