[TriLUG] can't connect to wap when move it to alternate location

Neil L. Little nllittle at embarqmail.com
Sun Apr 4 13:00:18 EDT 2010

I read that channelizer will run in WINE. You are correct about the usb
dongles. The low-end product is still $99 and a good prism/orinoco still
costs only $65.

The 10w figure I was talking about for cellular is the cell tower.
portables (what are now just called cell phones) only emit .6w maximum.
They are stepped down in power by the cell tower.
A CDMA transmission sounds like regular static. It elevates the noise
floor just a bit more. I was just trying to make the point that the
likely hood of cell phones/base station interfering from fm capture,
front-end blocking or adjacent channel is not likely.

Metal studs are used in office construction because though the price of
the materials is a bit higher all you need are a pair of tin snips and a
couple of self taping screws in the top and bottom plates. The extra
materials cost is made up in labor savings.

A good Marconii IFR (1200) service monitor can be found between $1-3k.
There are also several places in the triangle where they may even be rented.

Good Luck,

73,
Neil, WA4AZL