[TriLUG] help with MythTV on fedora

Charles Mangin option8 at option8.com
Tue Apr 6 13:44:04 EDT 2010

after much fiddling, i finally have a working mythTV install on my
fedora box, connected via firewire to a tuner from Time Warner, an
SA4250HDC.

unfortunately, it seems i can only get certain channels - some HD,
some not - and the rest get buffering errors and eventually crash the
front-end. despite warnings, changing channels via firewire is working
fine. i can see the channels change on the tuner when it's happening.
some of the channels just seem to have weak "signals"?

anyhoo, if anybody on the list happens to have a similar, and working,
setup, i'd love to pick your brain for answers. it seems like
something in my setup is reading my mind, since none of the channels
i'd like to tune in - cartoon network, comedy central, food network -
are working. CBS seems to work, but not NBC, etc.

Charles Mangin
Option8, LLC - Making Macs happy since 1999.
option8 at option8.com | http://www.option8consulting.com
mobile: 919.368.7167
skype: option8llc