[TriLUG] AsteriskNOW?

Heath Roberts htroberts at gmail.com
Wed Apr 7 10:23:55 EDT 2010

On Tue, Apr 6, 2010 at 11:06 PM, Brian McCullough <bdmc at bdmcc-us.com> wrote:

> [...] I decided to download the AsteriskNOW ISO, put a clean HD in a
> machine, and did the install.
>
> So far so good.  Unfortunately, I don't seem to find any documentation
> aside from the "QuickStart" guide, for AsteriskNOW.
>
> What I can find for FreePBX and other parts of the system all seem to have
> gaps that I am having trouble filling.  Maybe I am just having conceptual
> problems.
>
> I have the basic machine, of course, Asterisk, FreePBX, a Snom 100 phone,
> and various softphones.  I have a couple of trunks set up, but I am having
> problems with the client side of things.
>
> Anybody able to help, either on-line or off?

I've not used AsteriskNOW, but have set up Trixbox CE a few times. I just
wanted simple key system functionality, which was straightforward.

There's an excellent guide
here<http://dumbme.mbit.com.au/trixbox2/trixbox2_without_tears.pdf>,
and
since Trixbox is just a pre-integrated bundle of asterisk + freePBX + etc,
it's likely that it would be useful to you even if you don't want to use
Trixbox.

I think it will be easier to learn your calling plan if you wipe (well,
save) the config you have now, start with extensions, get those working, and
then add trunks.

--
Heath Roberts
htroberts at gmail.com