[TriLUG] List Threading

Matt Pusateri mpusateri at wickedtrails.com
Thu Apr 8 17:35:07 EDT 2010

Weird AppleMail put Brian M's, and Heath Asterisks posts and Ralphs AD post all in the same thread.  As well as Dave H's new thread comment as as one thread.  Though Pipermail http://www.trilug.org/pipermail/trilug/Week-of-Mon-20100405/thread.html shows  Ralph's and Dave's comments under Brad Oaks Test Engineer post.  So either their is a huge disparity in the way clients are interpreting threads, and or pipermail, and or mailman has  a bug or some combination of all three.

Looking at the long mail headers in AppleMail I do see a "references line" in the long headers of Ralph's first email that references Brian's Asterisk email.  Kind of strange.  Also weird is Dave told me he just deleted Brian's original Asterisk email and now Ralph's email shows up as  new thread and the "references" line has changed as well.   I think AppleMail threading has a bug.  I've seen odd threading with it before.  But really I don't care enough to go look on the interweb to track this down. I'm surprised I even took the time to compose this :)