[TriLUG] can't connect to wap when move it to alternate location

Joseph Mack NA3T jmack at wm7d.net
Mon Apr 12 23:25:45 EDT 2010

On Mon, 12 Apr 2010, Neil L. Little wrote:

> Thats the thing about part 15 devices ... They must accept
> any interference.

a legacy of the Reagan era from what I remember. It saved
the manufacturers about 10c on each unit.

> Joe, do you have membership in any local ham radio clubs
> like the Raleigh Amateur Radio Society (RARS)?

was thinking about this in the shower. It occured to me that
I belong to PVRCNC. Someone there might have access to a
spectrum analyzer.

> You know of course that 2.5Ghz is right next to the
> amateur band.

I understand we can run 1500W on the first 6 channels as
long as we id using Part 97 protocols.

Joe