[TriLUG] Failure Copying Large Amounts of Data

boyle at laue.chem.ncsu.edu boyle at laue.chem.ncsu.edu
Fri Apr 16 13:58:47 EDT 2010

On 16 Apr, Ron Kelley wrote:
> That is exactly what I was thinking...
>
> The only thing I can think of - the "mke2fs" command was run with the "-t largefile"
> option - which provides much less inodes than a standard "mke2fs" command.

Both filesystems have the largefile feature enabled.  However, they were
created several years apart, so the behavior of mke2fs might have
changed during that time.  Here is dumpe2fs output for the "Filesystem
features" line:

A: has_journal filetype needs_recovery sparse_super large_file
C: has_journal ext_attr resize_inode dir_index filetype needs_recovery sparse_super large_file

Also, the inode size of fs A is 128 while the inode size for C is 256.

Paul

Paul D. Boyle			    |	boyle at laue.chem.ncsu.edu
Director, X-ray Structural Facility |	phone: (919) 515-7362
Department of Chemistry - Box 8204  |	FAX:   (919) 515-8909
North Carolina State University     |	http://www.xray.ncsu.edu
Raleigh, NC, 27695-8204		    |
PGP Key Fingerprint = D23A 0077 A1BF 277F 8140  FFD2 E4FA 4F99 677D 863E