[TriLUG] Failure Copying Large Amounts of Data

Lance A. Brown lance at bearcircle.net
Fri Apr 16 16:36:23 EDT 2010

This is a boondoggle.  Unless I don't know something about linux swap
space, it's not used when moving files around.  It's used to store pages
from memory when a process gets swapped out to run another program.

BTW,  that's a LOT of swap space for a linux machine. :-)

--
 GPG Fingerprint: 409B A409 A38D 92BF 15D9 6EEE 9A82 F2AC 69AC 07B9
 CACert.org Assurer