[TriLUG] VNC/SSH Tunneling speed

Alan Porter porter at trilug.org
Fri Apr 23 11:40:22 EDT 2010

NX +1

It also understands enough details of the X11 traffic that it
can compress and pool certain exchanges, which lowers latency.

I use NX when I work from home, and it's "just like being there".

Except in quirky situations where I am NX-ed to my work PC,
running Windows in a VirtualBox, and running VMware client inside
of that.  That far down the rabbit hole, things start to time warp
a bit.  It's like pointing a video camera at the TV... you get
this weird "infinity mirror" kind of effect.

But I digress.  NX rocks.  QtNX is a pretty usable client.

Alan

.