[TriLUG] openfiler vs freenas

OlsonE at aosa.army.mil OlsonE at aosa.army.mil
Wed Apr 28 08:46:40 EDT 2010

Hardware not supported on freenas (at least for the hardware raid controller). Playing around with openfiler, and the #1 thing I hate is the ability to customize it with other packages (of which ...i'll say conary is horrible... or at least what they have in the repository is). Tinkering around with compiling for source... and it's been... well a hassle.

At this point, it's almost worth buying hardware that is 100% supported on freenas because I know I'll be able to do what I want.

Openfiler... -1