[TriLUG] Intel processor Temperaturs

Bill Farrow bill at arrowsreach.com
Wed May 12 12:15:44 EDT 2010

2010/5/12 Cristóbal Palmer <cmp at cmpalmer.org>:
> If you two want some common software to test with:
>
> $ dpkg -l stress |grep ^ii
> ii  stress                                     0.18.9-1

I have spent quite a bit of time doing thermal testing on various
platforms, evaluating different thermal solutions etc.  The main tool
I been using to raise the CPU temperature is the "cpuburn" package.
This is perfect for testing CPU heatsinks, sensors, and thermal zones.
 For other parts of the system I need to use different techniques, for
example using iperf to generate network traffic to push the NIC
controller chips.

Bill