[TriLUG] Networking and Fedora

Joseph Tate dragonstrider at gmail.com
Wed May 26 11:03:02 EDT 2010

I think it's being temperamental.  First of all, it stalls when I try
to download updates, but I'm ok with that; it's a virtual host mostly,
so I don't want too much breaking.

However, now I can't get it to answer anything forwarded through my router.

I've got tomato on my router set up to forward port 28 and 6009.  Port
forwarding to other machines works just fine.  I have disabled the
firewall, and Selinux is completely disabled.  The ports 28 and 6009
are listening to local traffic (10.2.2.0/24), but when I try to
connect from the Internet, the connection times out.  hosts.allow/deny
are both empty...

Any ideas on what could be happening here?  Any ideas how to troubleshoot?

--
Joseph Tate
Personal e-mail: jtate AT dragonstrider DOT com