[TriLUG] a VOIP question

James Jones jc.jones at tuftux.com
Tue Jun 1 12:54:53 EDT 2010

All,

Our church doesn't maintain an on site office. We have a pots line
into the building and one of our members answers it from her pots
line. She calls it a  multi-ring service (MCI).

The church is thinking of switching to VOIP and I would like to
maintain the above arrangement to the church member's pots line.

My question is three fold.

Is multi-ring service the correct name for it?

Second -- can anyone point me to some howto's to get this accomplished
from a voip solution.

Third -- I use Vitelity for my test voip. One member suggested
callcentric. What is your opinions of best for the money voip for
church ( considered business ) use?

Note: The church might just start with one ata type device and later
branch to a pbx solution.

--
Jc Jones
Blogs -